Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Goals

2007
Another year gone by. Depressing almost to see the years flashing before my eyes knowing there was so much more I could have accomplished. Makes me desperate to do and see more. I guess what I am trying to say is, I figured out what my goals are for this upcoming year (2007).
PaW: photo a week
These past 2 years I took photos of my family doing things they love and put them in a photobook, added some quotes and they are now being shipped to me. I would love to have a photo(blog)book but having trouble finding one I can set up with space for lots of text. soooo...a photo a week will go in the 2007 yearbook.
Get back into shape:
My life has become so busy with my family, computer, pictures, and dance stuff that I hardly have time to work out anymore. I want to get motivated to exercise in the mornings.
Advertise:
I need more advertisement for my photography business that is doing very well right now but could do better with more advertising within the surrounding states. I would love to travel to photograph weddings. I have a wedding in Montana in July that I am pretty excited about and would love to have more opportunities like that one.
My dance studio:
Look for a place to teach kids who can't afford the prices that a studio in town charges. There are so many kids who want to dance and perform also kids who are overweight and would like other weighs of losing weight besides basketball, football, soccer and such. I want to give all the kids in the community a chance to try and learn new things. All kids deserve a chance to succeed and feel self-worth in life not just the ones with money.
I have a feeling I am going to make a few people angry because of my decision, but this isn't something I am doing for revenge, evil tactics or to split apart the current studio. Those are not my intentions at all. I actually don't care to take anyone from the studio and don't want them if they are upset with anything that is going on at the studio.
Like I said at the beginning...."Depressing almost to see the years flashing before my eyes knowing there was so much more I could have accomplished.". How many of you have helped someone in need? How many of you took money from someone when you knew they couldn't afford it? Were we place on this earth to only help ourselves grow? I don't think we were and I want to help others. Since I was a young girl I knew there was something out there for me..placing that something was a bit difficult, but I guess I wanted God to place it before me when all along I should have been hunting for it. Persueing my purpose instead of hoping it would drop in my lap.
Stock:
I need to get motivated to do more stock photography. I just don't have the energy to mess on the computer anymore. I need to set a schedule for myself and stick to it!

1 Comments:

Blogger Laurie L. Black said...

Congrats on your new venture and I wish you nothing but love and happiness this year!! :)

Your kids are getting so big...but mine are too and I think that I need a second job to keep up with the grocery bill! ;)

Love and hugs,
Laurie

4:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home