Thursday, February 23, 2006

February 23rd



I asked for God to take away my pain. God said, No,
It is not for me to take away, but for you to give it up.

I asked God to grant me patience.  God said, No.
Patience is a byproduct of tribulations; it isn’t
granted, it is learned.

I asked God to give me happiness. God said, No.
I give you blessings.  Happiness is up to you.

I asked God to spare me pain.  God said, No.
Suffering draws you apart from worldly cares
and brings you closer to me.

I asked God to make my Spirit grow.  God said, No.
You must grow on your own, but I will prune you to make
you Fruitful.

I asked God for all things that I might enjoy life.
God said, No.  I will give you life, so that you may enjoy all things.

I asked God to help me LOVE others, as much as He loves me.  God said...
Ahhh.. finally you have an idea.

As you all probably know, I am a Christian gal.  I know I am not perfect and you have probably seen me at my worst.  But what was the point in Jesus dieing for our sins if we could be perfect?  I know a lot of Christians judge others, but I don't.  Do what you want, live how you want.  It is your business not mine.  If you ask me about God I will tell you how I feel.  I will love you just as much as the Christain people.  I am not ashamed of Him.  God has been with me my whole life.  I look back and see Him as I walked  my path as a child.  I learned fast because I noticed there was a higher power.  I realized there was more to live for and there could be happiness.
I have walked away from God several times and found myself in deep poo because of it.  You would think I would get a clue keep walking with Him.

7 Comments:

Blogger Kekiinani said...

What a lovely shot. Thanks for the read. I really enjoyed it.. Aloha, Renee :)

1:39 AM  
Blogger hersh said...

Nice shot sonifo I love this.....

2:42 AM  
Blogger mike fairbanks said...

I said a prayer for you today
and know God must have heard.
I didn't ask for wealth or fame
I knew you wouldn't mind.
I asked Him to send treasures
of a far more lasting kind.
I asked that he'd be near you
at the start of each new day
to grant you health and blessings
and friends to share your way.
I asked for happiness for you
in all things great and small.
But it was for His loving care
I prayed the most of all.

10:09 AM  
Blogger MattO said...

Wow how amazing is that photo! Is it available as a print? I'd love to have one thats for sure, with the words typed below with it down the side?

9:05 PM  
Blogger Linda said...

Soni - that's beautiful....both the photo and the write up.

9:09 PM  
Blogger Bernard Shuford said...

Nicely said, Soni. It's a relationship, not a religion. Thanks for the good reminders.

10:13 PM  
Blogger L2 said...

Great shot, Soni. Very creative with the shadow, and a lovely write-up as well.

8:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home