Tuesday, February 21, 2006

February 21st



Pasting back together something that was never there.

My life has been a constant struggle. Not always bad but there has been quite a few bad things happen in my life.
I started out with parents who didn't want me. My mom put me in an orphanage when I was a baby and from there lived with aunts, uncles and cousins. My dad finally got remarried but still didn't have his life together and was on drugs pretty heavily. Growing up in the home was very stressful and almost unbareable. Thought about taking my life many times growing up. My first time smoking pot was at the age of 10 with my brother and sister. I was 12 when I first got drunk so bad that I thought I was going to die. I went through foster homes and group homes my teenage life and emancipated at the age of 17.
Did some pretty bad stuff between the ages of 17 and 19 that got me to thinking about my life. Was this how I was going to live my life forever? NO WAY! I got myself together.. yes, made bad choices along the way but I am here where I am today. I have beautiful kids, I am strong and have confidence to make it through any hardship. I know the past hurts and will always be there and it tends to leak out pain and confusion, but I am getting my life in order and helping my kids have the best childhood I can offer.

11 Comments:

Blogger mike fairbanks said...

((Hugs))) Go Soni!! YOu must be doing something right, you have four awesome kids, and you rock!!!

12:40 PM  
Blogger TonyV said...

As always, a good picture.

But that is becoming secondary in this blog. With the right attitude ... and all that ... and you seem to have it.

1:21 PM  
Blogger Bernard Shuford said...

Whatever successes or failures you may have had, Soni, every time I see your photography you leave me in awe. The highest compliment I ever can give to a fellow musician is "you make me sick."

You make me sick.

:)

1:56 PM  
Blogger MattO said...

What an amazing capture, your photography is amazing. Your inspiring to me to make my work so much better. And your such a strong woman you are surely an inspiration to many. Keep your chin up, things will surely have to go your way.

8:20 PM  
Blogger L2 said...

Wow, Soni, it certainly sounds like you have made a whole lotta something out of a whole lotta nothing. Congratulations! It sounds like you have learned everything you need to know in order to get through this latest struggle.

Not only that, but you have the creativity and talent to pictorially represent the emotion and struggle. You really got it right here - this shot has impact.

Big hugs for you,

Laurie

8:48 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

(((standing ovation)))

Well said, well done and good job.

10:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd say it looks like you're doing pretty good. From looking at your pictures, it looks like you have some great kids. Be proud. So as REO Speedwagon says, Keep pushin' on.

1:23 AM  
Blogger Kekiinani said...

Awesome shot. Looks like you have really come a long way over some tough times..Getting thru it makes you stronger and everything seem that much more appreciated since you have had to do it by yourself. Congrats.. You have a terrific talent and wonderful kids.. Keep it up!! You can.. :) Aloha, Renee :)

1:27 AM  
Blogger mk said...

Wow Soni, what a background. Who knew? And here you are, a kind, loving, successful, talented woman and excellent mother. You're so neat. :)

5:07 PM  
Blogger Kiyoko Gotanda said...

You rock!

5:56 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

Wow, Soni. I never would have guessed that you had such a struggle in your younger years. You are such a beautiful person now and have great children. You have come a long way and are doing better and have a better attitude than most of us! Way to go!

((((hugs))))

12:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home