Sunday, February 19, 2006

February 19th

My Week to Shine



Ok..I was asked by several people where my week to shine was.  So without taking pictures of myself I thought I would take pictures that tell a bit about me and what I believe.

The flag and my country are an important part of my family life.  I believe in standing by my country through thick and thin.   I believe our country is going down hill because folks aren't loyal like they used to be.  They get disappointed in the government and give up on them.  We can't do that!  It's like family..we have to stand by our family no matter what.  We has a country need to grow together and as I see today our country is so seperated.  I am raising my kids to respect our people of power and the flag on which it was based on.

From the book "Our Flag" published in 1989 by the House of Representatives...
"The colors of the pales (the vertical stripes) are those used in the flag of the United States of America; White signifies purity and innocence, Red, hardiness & valour, and Blue, the color of the Chief (the broad band above the stripes) signifies vigilance, perseverance & justice."

Also this from a book about the flag published in 1977 by the House of Representatives...
"The star is a symbol of the heavens and the divine goal to which man has aspired from time immemorial; the stripe is symbolic of the rays of light emanating from the sun."



4 Comments:

Blogger mike fairbanks said...

About time you got around to you! A Nice start, can't wait to see what else this week holds!

1:21 PM  
Blogger Kekiinani said...

Terrific flag shot. Cant wait to see the rest of the week.. Great thoughts as well. Aloha, Renee :)

11:21 PM  
Blogger L2 said...

Oh, Soni, I'm glad it's you this week! Fantastic flag shot, and some great history behind it.

7:15 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

I really LOVE this, Soni. I love the light coming through from behind. I really like the tall crop. It's unique because the flag is naturally 'landscape'. It's nice to see something different. I love patriotic things anyway, and this is very nicely done.

8:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home